A father is the bravest member of the family, and they are considered to be overprotective towards their children. There are also some dads who are strict, they will impose rules inside the house because they want the best for their kids. Anyway, what is your most unforgettable moment with your dad? I hope that it’s a good one. For now, let us go ahead and honor the man of the house with a hit from Dan Fogelberg, “Leader of the Band.”
Dan Fogelberg: The Balladeer of the ‘60s
He was born on August 13, 1951, in Illinois, and he was the youngest in the family. Fogelberg grew up in a household wherein music is a part of their everyday life. His mother is a classical pianist, and his father is a high school band director. After graduating from college, Fogelberg started performing as a solo acoustic artist in cafes until he was discovered by Irving Azoff. The first strings of his road to stardom achieved minimal success. But in 1974, everything changed when he released his album Souvenirs.
Dan Fogelberg popularised the songs “Longer,” “Same Old Lang Syne,” and “The Power of Gold.” He was one of the legends who shared his craftsmanship in creating good music. However, in 2007 his journey ended when he rested forever.
Leader of the Band: The Hit that Honors His Father
“Leader of the Band” was released in 1981, and it was written and recorded by the American artist Dan Fogelberg. Furthermore, the hit was included in his album The Innocent Age. When the song was released, it peaked at number nine on the Billboard Hot 100 and number one on the Adult Contemporary Charts. Fogelberg wrote the song as a tribute to his father due to the sacrifices that he made for their family.
Dan Fogelberg, Leader of the Band, Same Old Lang Syne
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Marie Osmond’s Children: Meet The Eight Of Them Here!
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Garth Brooks’ Daughters All Turned Up To Be These Gorgeous. Meet Them Here!
- Trace Adkins And Travis Tritt In An Irresistible Performance of “Jailhouse Rock”
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Remembering The “Gentle Giant” of Country Music: Don Williams