Keith Urban rarely performs at the Grand Ole Opry because of his busy schedule on his tours. On the rare occasion that he performed at the prestigious stage, he makes sure he will give his best. On the Opry stage, he was joined by the talented Chris Janson. Together, they sang “Sold (The Grundy County Auction Incident),“ which was originally from John Michael Montgomery.
Keith Urban and Chris Janson Heat up the Stage
If it is your first time hearing about Chris Janson, you are in for a surprise. The singer was able to match up the energy that Keith Urban exuded on stage. The duo first started with their awesome instrument skills. Keith was excellently playing the guitar while Chris was making great sound from his harmonica. When the two started the performance, it felt like they have been performing together for years.
The song was almost like rap because of how rapid they were singing it. They gave justice to the performance since it was just like the original version. What I like about the performance is that the two equally shared the spotlight. The arrangement of the performance made is for both country artist to have their moment.
“Sold (The Grundy County Auction Incident)”
Many country fans believe that these types of songs are what represents good old country music. This John Montgomery-track is a fun, witty kind of music which we don’t see much from country artists today. The track is a courtship song about a man who sees the love of his life at the Grundy County Auction. Its uptempo beat is also perfect with how the man tries to win the woman’s affection through an auction.
It was a No. 1 hit when the singer released it back in 1995, and it is John Michael Montgomery‘s most notable song.
Watch as Keith Urban and Chris Janson heat up the stage:
For your daily dose of country music, follow our official Facebook Page.
Chris Janson, Grand Ole Opry, keith urban
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance