It’s no secret that Grammy-winning country superstar Kacey Musgraves is a huge supporter of the LGBTQ+ community and its causes, and she defends that it’s an important part of country music.
Kacey Musgraves on Telling Everybody’s Story
In an interview with The Tennessean, The Texas native emphasized that country music is about telling real people’s stories – and that includes the members of the LGBTQ.
“Country music is built on real people, and real stories, and I don’t know why a genre that is built on those things wouldn’t move along with history. We have to tell everybody’s story. We’re all real people. We’re all built and are driven by the same emotions. We all need the same things. It doesn’t matter who we’re into.”
Musgraves also detailed how everyone is just the same, and that the members of the LGBTQ+ also need a role model to look up to.
“There’s a lot of people in the LGBTQ community that grow up in tiny towns just like I did, that are terrified to be themselves, and they need people in country music to look up to. So I think it’s very cool. If the institution of the Country Music Hall of Fame can say that it’s OK, then nobody else can’t.”
Recently she had just opened her Hall of Fame exhibit. It features memorabilia from several of the star’s costumes, awards, and funnily enough, her detention slips.
“There’s just a lot of really wonderful memories I’m happy to share. Something that I try really hard to work at is being present in the moment. There’s so many beautiful things happening all the time. I don’t think that a human really knows how to do that, how to be good at [being present].”
She will soon resume her Oh, What a World, Tour. You can check out the dates at her official website.
kacey musgraves, LGBTQ+, News
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Sandy Mahl And The Top 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Her
- What Happened To John Wayne’s Children?
- What Happened to Patsy Cline’s Children After Her Death in 1963?
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait