We could all probably relate to Josh Turner’s “Lay Low” right off the opening as it goes, “I wanna drive until my cell phone runs out of range and every bar is gone/ Cut through the woods another hundred miles/ And disappear for a while.” It’s the perfect thing to vibe with when you just want to escape everyday life, and the only thing you have is music to accompany you.
The song was co-written by Ross Copperman, who was credited for Kenny Chesney‘s “Pirate Flag” and Justin Moore’s “Point At You” alongside Tony Martin and Mark Nesler, who also penned Josh Turner‘s 2012 country hit single “Time Is Love” with Shapiro.
When Turner first heard the song, it immediately painted a picture of their South Carolina cabin where he and his wife, Jennifer, could get away and reconnect. Laying low was something that the couple loved to do and always made time for despite their busy schedule. It was a song that reminded him of what was most important.
“Lay Low” by Josh Turner was one of the anticipated Josh Turner songs as it followed two years after his last album, “Punching Bag.” It was released last September 2014 as the lead off single from his sixth studio album “Deep South,” later released in 2017.
The song hit 25 on Airplay charts and peaked at 28 on the Hot Country Songs chart. Although the track did not reach commercial success unlike his previous songs, it still received praises from critics and listeners, noting its honest message spun into a straightforward melody that made it feel so familiar and relatable.
The music video was shot in a 200-year-old rustic cabin in Rock Island, Tennessee where there was actually no reception, just like in the song. The visual was directed by Trey Fanjoy, who was known for her clip credits in Taylor Swift‘s “Love Story” and “Our Song.”
Ease your worries, vibe, and escape for a while with Josh Turner’s “Lay Low” in the video below.
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?