John Prine and Margo Price are just two of the countless artists rallying to fight the oppressive Alabama abortion ban. These two veteran country artists are joining together to raise money to fight the newly signed Alabama abortion ban.
John Prine and Margo Price Team Up
The country icon and the celebrated singer-songwriter have teamed up for a revamp of Prine’s “Unwed Fathers” to raise money to challenge the new law in court. The song is from Prine’s 1989 album entitled Aimless Love. It takes a poignant, almost bitter look at the way men get to navigate the unplanned pregnancies and dodge the consequences that might warrant attention.
Price has confirmed the collaboration with a Tweet that she sent out on the eve of 17th of May, Friday with hashtags supporting the cause.
The new recording with Price will be paired with another updated version of one of Prine’s songs. “Your Flag Decal Won’t Get You Into Heaven Anymore” has also been confirmed to be another track that Prine will be working on with a yet-to-be-named group of guest performers. All the sales will benefit the Alabama chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union.
In addition to their efforts, Prine’s record label, Oh Boy Records, has been doubling their efforts auctioning off rare and limited merchandise to help support the ACLU’s fight in Alabama. Fiona Whelan Prine, Prine’s wife and manager, spoke on behalf of Oh Boy Records about their efforts to help raise money.
“We at Oh Boy Records take our social responsibility very seriously. John’s music has always spoken to the frailty of the human condition and often to the heart of the matter at hand. What is going on in Alabama and in the country generally is more than disturbing. It’s an affront to our American values and to the constitution we were so fortunate to inherit.”
John Prine, Margo Price
- Sons of Willie Nelson Joined Him For An Incredible Rendition of “Move it on Over”
- Rip Wheeler and Beth Dutton Complete Relationship Timeline
- Get To Know Kelly Reilly, The Actress Behind Yellowstone’s Fearless Beth Dutton
- Tim McGraw & Faith Hill’s Daughter Audrey Shows Off Snippet From Recent Photoshoot
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?
- Clint Black’s Daughter, Lily Made a Classy Opry Debut
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music