Probably most of us especially the children know the song “Jesus Loves The Little Children.” It is one of the songs children learn from their churches. Also, this song is the second most popular to “Jesus Loves Me.” Also, this song can be considered as a prayer, a hymn, or a nursery rhyme.
George Frederick Root wrote the tune while Clare Herbert Woolston wrote the lyrics of the song.
Root was born was born in Sheffield, Massachusetts. He earned his degree in Boston, New York, and Paris. He was recognized as a music educator, and a composer noted for sacred and nationalistic music. Among Root’s acclaims include “The Battle Cry of Freedom,” “Just Before the Battle, Mother,” “The Shining Shore,” and “The First Gun Is Fired.” All the songs were written in April 1861. At the age of 75, Root died at his home in Bailey Island, Maine. To honor his works of art, he was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame In 1970.
On the other hand, Woolston was born in 1856. He based his lyrics on the song to Matthew 19:14. It says “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these.” It says in this verse that the disciples were worried the children would bother Jesus, but Jesus loves the children to be with him.
The lyrics of “Jesus Loves The Little Children” are all derived from scriptures, and it merely portrays reality. It is more often that children would come to Jesus wholeheartedly. Unlike grown-ups who are hesitant to accept Jesus. Also, adults are doubtful while children are trusting to Jesus. This is what children possess naturally.
Visit us at https://www.countrythangdaily.com/ to know more about other gospel songs, country artists, and legends. You may also leave a comment below for the artists and songs you would like us to feature.
Clare Herbert Woolston, George Frederick Root, Jesus loves the little children
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce