Clint Black is certainly happy to be working with The King of the Cowboys, Roy Rogers. Who wouldn’t be? He’s an amazing singer and a legend in country music. Working with someone that big is intimidating, but Clint keeps himself together and also gives us an incredible performance. Let’s hear Clint and Roy together in this one-of-a-kind collaboration.
“Hold on Partner”
In 1991, Roy and Clint both collaborated to record a song for Roy’s album. “Hold on Partner” is a stimulating song penned by Bobby Paine and Larson Paine in the same year. The single was part of Roy’s last album Tribute in 1991. In addition, “Hold on Partner” was also Roy’s last song that entered the country chart. It sat at number forty-two on the Billboard chart, and number forty-eight on the Canadian country chart.
Roy’s last album also scored a spot on the chart. Tribute reached number seventeen on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart. Furthermore, it also secured a spot on the Billboard 200. Roy has not only collaborated with Clint in his album. He worked with other artists such as Randy Travis, Emmylou Harris, Willie Nelson, and more.
- “That’s How the West Was Swung” with The Kentucky Headhunters.
- “Here’s Hopin'” with Randy Travis
- “Hold on Partner” with Clint Black
- “Tumbling Tumbleweeds” with K.T. Oslin and Restless Heart
- “Little Joe, The Wrangler” with Emmylou Harris
- “When Payday Rolls Around” with Ricky Van Shelton
- “Final Frontier” with Kathy Mattea
- “Don’t Fence Me In” with Lorrie Morgan and The Oaks Ridge Boys
- “Rodeo Road” with Willie Nelson
- “Alive and Kickin'” with Roy Roger
- “King of the Cowboys” with Dusty Rogers
- “Happy Trails” with Dale Evan and Dusty Rogers
The Music Video
The only music video Roy released in his entire career was for the song “Hold on Partner.” In the video, Roy and Clint are seen riding on a horse while black and white clips of cowboy movies were shown. The fun part of the music video was at the end when Roy and Clint are done making the video.
Watch Roy Rogers and Clint Black’s music video up to the very end.
Clint Black, hold on partner, Roy Rogers
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Remembering the Creepy Death of Johnny Horton 59 Years Ago
- Sandy Mahl And The Top 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Her
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- Surviving Racism, Infidelity: Meet Vivian Liberto Cash
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Paula Nelson Joins her Father for an Amazing Rendition of “Have You Ever Seen the Rain”