Honoring George Strait and Loretta Lynn
The Nashville Songwriter Awards is presented by The Nashville Songwriters Association International (NSAI), the world’s largest not-for-profit songwriters trade organization that was established in 1967.
NSAI President, award-winning songwriter Steve Bogard have enthusiastic words about the ceremony.
“We are very proud to present this important and exciting event recognizing Nashville’s finest songwriters and their songs again at the hallowed Ryman Auditorium. It promises to be an amazing night full of memorable performances honoring the best in our business.”
Loretta Lynn, one of the greatest women to have ever paved the way, will receive the Kris Kristofferson Lifetime Achievement Award. This will be in recognition of her contributions to the American songbook, as well as serving as an inspiration to other artists out there.
George Strait, considered as one of the kings of country music, will be honored with the President’s Keystone Award to recognize his contributions towards the betterment of all songwriters.
NSAI has also announced that it will bestow the White Hat Award on US Senator Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) that evening.
Additional honorees will include the 2019 “Song of the Year,” “Songwriter of the Year,” “Songwriter-Artist of the Year” and NSAI’s coveted “10 Songs I Wish I’d Written,” which are chosen by Nashville’s professional songwriters.
The 2nd annual Nashville Songwriter Awards will have a star-power lineup that includes Reba McEntire, Sam Hunt, Dierks Bentley, Chris Janson, Lee Brice, David Lee Murphy, Michael Ray, Dean Dillon, and more.
Tickets for the event will be on the market on the 19th of July, at 10 AM CT.
Want more fresh country news? You can visit us at our official Facebook page!
George Strait, Loretta Lynn, Nashville Songwriter Awards
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?