When quarantine came around last year, some surely had the rare opportunity to reflect on their lives. While some found new hobbies, others devoted themselves to doing what they do best! For Larry Fleet, it was, of course, writing songs. In fact, Larry Fleet’s Stack of Records is the result of having more time in our hands during the lockdown.
With all their shows getting canceled, the Tennessee native explained that he and his collaborators got together whenever it was possible. But what started as keeping up chops and passing time yielded to about thirty to forty songs, perhaps even more.
“We were bored, and we just wanted to have fun, so we wrote stuff that sounded like hits,” Fleet explained.
Eventually, the songs started speaking about Larry Fleet‘s life, that it started coming together into an album. And now, it’s finally out! The rising star finally released his full-length album, Stack of Records, last September 24.
The 14-track album was shaped and inspired by the stack of records that were kept in his childhood home at White Bluff, Tennessee. The singer explained that his parents owned an eclectic record collection. It includes traditional country and southern rock his father listened to as well as his mother’s soul music collection.
“I grew up listening to a lot of different artists. My influences were all compiled in this stack of records… Every song on this record is based on a stack of records,” the singer said. And because of all the meticulous work Fleet put into this record, there is surely something for everybody.
Make sure to listen to Larry Fleet’s “Stack of Records” in the video below.
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed
- Brandi Carlile and wife Catherine Shepherd’s Sweet Love Story