Cyrus was one of the people who honored the late artist on Monday, at Irvine, CA.
The second half of Janice’s memorial service was live streamed on Facebook.
Miley Cyrus’ Tribute
The “Younger Now” singer took the stage and delivered a heartfelt message, saying that Freeman was more of a coach to her because of all the lessons she has learned from her late friend.
“Before we sing this song for Janice, I just want to clear up a rumor. I was never her coach. Ever. She was always mine. I learned more from her than anyone that I’ve ever gotten the honor to be in the room with, not just vocally. I should’ve gotten more lessons than I did, but she taught me everything that I know about love.”
Cyrus intended to sing a full solo to pay tribute to her former teammate but had admitted that she was too emotional to do it by herself.
So, she enlisted the help of her father, Billy Ray Cyrus, to sing a bluesy version of “Amazing Grace.” She provided harmonies throughout the song.
Check out the full streaming of the service here:
It was evident that Cyrus took losing Freeman hard. She had expressed her grief in a lengthy Instagram post two days after her death.
“I miss you so much it hurts. Everywhere … but so did you. So often. So much pain and no one would ever notice because of the smile and joy you constantly radiated. I am trying my best today to celebrate your existence but I can’t help but just deeply mourn over your absence.”
Cyrus also pledged to take care of Freeman’s daughter. Freeman is survived by her husband and her daughter.
billy ray cyrus, Janice Freeman, Miley Cyrus, the voice
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Let’s Go Down the River to Pray with Alison Krauss
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- Let’s Take a Look Back to Kenny Chesney’s Intriguing Dating Life
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Remember When Brad Paisley’s “Accidental Racist” Raised Some Eyebrows?