On Sunday, World Pride Day, Lil Nas X had an important announcement to make via Twitter.
Lil Nas X Comes Out
In a tweet, the “Old Town Road” hitmaker urged his fans and followers to listen to his song “C7osure” and to hone in on the lyrics more closely.
“Some of y’all already know, some of y’all don’t care, some of y’all not [going to f— with me] no more. But before this month ends I want y’all to listen closely to c7osure”
He captioned the tweet together with a hodgepodge of emojis including a rainbow. The tweet also had a clip of the said song.
“C7osure” has Lil Nas X singing about wanting to live a more authentic life and to move on without regrets. The verse goes:
True say, I want and I need to let go, use my time to be free
Ain’t no more actin’, man that forecast say I should just let me grow
No more red light for me baby, only green, I gotta go
Pack my past up in the back, oh, let my future take ahold
This is what I gotta do, can’t be regrettin’ when I’m old.
He also followed that up with another tweet that zooms in on the album artwork of his EP.
deadass thought i made it obvious pic.twitter.com/HFCbVqBkLM
— nope (@LilNasX) June 30, 2019
A Surprise Performance with Miley and Billy Ray
At the 2019 Glastonbury Festival, Miley Cyrus has made her set more colorful and energetic by calling her father Billy Ray Cyrus and Lil Nas X onto the stage. Together, the trio performed a riveting version of the hit “Old Town Road.”
Old Town Road is still at the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart, having spent 12 weeks at peak. Both this performance as well as their 2019 BET Awards set has been well-received. Billy Ray even called their performance “electrifying” and “very special.”
Check out the performance here!
Billy Rae Cyrus, LGBTQ+, Lil Nas X, Miley Cyrus, News
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Let’s Go Down the River to Pray with Alison Krauss
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Let’s Take a Look Back to Kenny Chesney’s Intriguing Dating Life
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage