George Strait has had 51 chart-topping songs in country music. This is a record that The King himself has, and that is why he is considered one of the greatest country singers. “The Chair” is one of those hits that we all know and love, and it is named as one of the greatest country songs of all time by CMT.
George Strait Has Some Great Songwriters on His Side
The geniuses behind this song are Hank Cochran and Dean Dillon. Dean has been a long-time friend of George Strait, and they have made tons of music together. Meanwhile, Hank Cochran is a veteran songwriter. He is the one behind Patsy Cline’s hit “I Fall to Pieces.” In an interview, the writers shared that the process of writing the song was excruciating.
According to them, they finished the song when Dillon strummed the guitar and sang a line. Their rhythm started to flow and they finished the song within 20 minutes. The song was beautifully written by these two amazing songwriters.
Well excuse me, but I think you’ve got my chair,
No, that one’s not taken, I don’t mind if you sit here
George Strait croons to his fans with this sweet track. Because of the beautiful lyrics, you can’t say no to the one offering you the chair. The song is all about trying to get the attention of someone you like. It is almost like a pick-up line, and it will work because the guy is acting like a true gentleman.
This is a classic country song at its best, and we could only hope that country artists would go back to this kind of music.
Listen to the song here:
For your daily dose of country music stories, check out our official Facebook page.
beautiful lyrics, George Strait, The Chair
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?