There is always this feeling of happiness when you put together some things and it comes out the way you wanted it. Nothing can beat that moment of pure joy. And, that is what George Canyon felt when he released his dream album in 2007.
Classics Album by George Canyon
Classics was Canyon’s fifth studio album. He released it under his record label Universal Music Canada. Canyon’s album is not simply an album containing classic country songs. Classics album is made out of hard work and genuine love. Thus, finding such work is rare and you’ll know the moment you listen to it.
Canyon’s album may have not entered the charts in Canada or the US but he was able to sell half a million copies. Therefore, Classics was gold-certified by RIAA.
The album contained thirteen classic country songs where Canyon said he stayed true to the sound of it but not losing his style.
- “Ring of Fire”
- “Seven Spanish Angels”
- “Theme From ‘The Dukes of Hazzard’ (Good Ol’ Boys)”
- “Luckenbach, Texas (Back to the Basics of Love)”
- “Good Hearted Woman”
- “He Stopped Loving Her Today”
- “You’re My Best Friend”
- “Kiss an Angel Good Mornin'”
- “Okie from Muskogee”
- “Hello Darlin'”
- “Release Me”
- “Folsom Prison Blues”
- “The Battle of New Orleans”
“Kiss an Angel Good Morning”
Of all the songs, we were caught up in Canyon’s version of “Kiss an Angel Good Morning.” The record was originally released by Charley Pride in 1971. It was penned by Ben Peters. With this single, Pride earned another number one on the chart. However, it was not only on the country chart that the song secured a spot. “Kiss an Angel Good Morning” was also able to enter the pop chart. Therefore, for the first time in his career, Pride has a song to cross over to the pop chart.
Check out how great Canyon was when he covered Pride’s single. Tell us what do you think of his version.
Charley Pride, George Canyon, Kiss an Angel Good Morning
- ‘Grease’ is Under Fire, Critics Want It Taken Down From Screens. Here’s Why!
- Inside the Grammy Award Winner’s Life: Meet Kris Kristofferson’s Children
- Throwback To George Jones’ “He Stopped Loving Her Today” Final Performance
- Ryan Upchurch Responds to Luke Combs’ Apology and Calls Him ‘F—ing Sissy’
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- 10 Best Country Two-Step Songs