Faron Young has had a good start in his country music career with his hit “Hello Walls.” People were immediately drawn to his music because of his traditional sound and his honky-tonk style. Those were the days when country music was still being celebrated by the American audience. Faron Young became one of the staple country artists who used his honky tonk sound.
For his track “Hello Walls,” the idea of a man being left behind by his woman is the central topic. Therefore, the man is left to talk to the walls, windows, or ceiling.
She went away and left us all alone
The way she planned
Guess we’ll have to learn to get along
Without her if we can
Traditional country songs are based on the experiences of the singer. The way that Faron Young sang it really makes you feel bad for him because he was left all alone. Not only that, but he was also left to speak only to inanimate objects.
“Hello Walls” is a great track about one’s tragic attempt to still woe his woman. The man is still insistent to continue the relationship even if he is making a fool of himself. But, ain’t that the case when you fall in love? We always do stupid things when we get the love bug, and no matter what rationalization we do, we still go back to being helpless.
Young Faron and Willie Nelson
Who would have thought that Young Faron would start the career of now country legend, Willie Nelson? This was Nelson’s first country hit as a writer and all thanks to Faron. This track also gave Willie a career in songwriting and gave the country music world a taste of what more he could bring to the table.
The song was released back in 1961 and this was the beginning of the long and great career of Willie Nelson.
Listen to their song here:
Faron Young, Hello Walls, Willie Nelson
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Marie Osmond’s Children: Meet The Eight Of Them Here!
- Garth Brooks’ Daughters All Turned Up To Be These Gorgeous. Meet Them Here!
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Four Gents Teamed Up For One Epic Performance of “I’ll Fly Away” at Hee Haw
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Remembering The “Gentle Giant” of Country Music: Don Williams