Elvis Presley did not only establish his career in one genre of music. He jumped from one to another. He dived into rock and roll, country, and gospel songs. He then proved everyone that he can do anything. Presley can definitely make great music no matter what genre is given to him. And since he has always been fond of making gospel songs, let us take a look at one of them.
“In My Father’s House” by Elvis Presley
“In My Father’s House” is an old gospel song recorded by Presley in 1960. You haven’t probably heard much of this version because this is considered to be one of his underrated gospel songs. Presley took the time to include this hymn on his album His Hand in Mine. Sadly, none of the songs from his album were able to enter the chart. But his album as a whole secured the number thirteen spot on the chart. Furthermore, His Hand on Mine was platinum-certified by RIAA.
The gospel song was originally published in 1954. The hymn was written by Aileen Hanks, and it was introduced by the Blackwood Brothers to the public.
All About the Song
“In My Father’s House” has two parts, the part where the narrator assures us that there is a mansion in heaven. He is certain of this place because if it’s not true, he said he’ll know. The second part is Jesus’ death on the cross. The narrator reminds us that the death of Jesus plays an important role in our life. When Jesus sacrificed His life, it actually gave us hope and a second chance. Our sins are all washed away, and we can enter the kingdom of God someday.
Jesus died upon the cross to bear my sorrow
Freely died that souls like you might have new life
But I know that soon there’ll come a bright tomorrow
When the world will all be free from sin and strife
Folks, take some time to listen to Presley’s song and find it in your heart to know God. He is a crucial part of our life.
Elvis Presley, His Hands in Mine, In My Father's House
- ‘Grease’ is Under Fire, Critics Want It Taken Down From Screens. Here’s Why!
- 10 Best David Allan Coe Songs
- Deacon Frey Leads “Take It Easy” in Place of Dad
- How George Strait’s “Does Fort Worth Ever Cross Your Mind” crossed the minds of millions
- Home Free’s “Friends In Low Places” Will Make You Want To Spend a Day In The Beach
- Meet Kathie Lee Gifford’s Daughter That Dubiously Looks Like Her, Cassidy Gifford
- Why Did Kelly Clarkson Sign an Autograph as Carrie Underwood?