Don Henley, member of the rock band The Eagles, finally released his fifth solo album after fifteen years. This time he made a pure country album that fans are surely going to love.
Don Henley’s Album, Cass County
Henley told Rolling Stone‘s that most of the songs he recorded happened at a recording studio in Tennessee, Nashville. Furthermore, he said that he enjoyed making this album the most, as he was surrounded by great, funny, and talented people.
“There’s some amazing musicians here and the best thing about it is, most of them are funny. So it was a real pleasure.”
The title of Henley’s album was named from the town he grew up from, East Texas County.
The sixteen-track album was made of eleven original songs and five cover songs. Henley featured the Louvin Brother‘s “When I Stopped Dreaming,” Jesse Lee Kincaid’s “She Sang Hymns Out of Tune,” and Jesse Winchester’s “The Brand New Tennessee Waltz.”
Artists He Worked With
Henley was honored to work with great artists for his album. He recorded songs with Merle Haggard, Trisha Yearwood, Alison Krauss, Mick Jagger, Dolly Parton, Vince Gill, Jamey Johnson, Miranda Lambert, and many more.
- “Bramble Rose” with Mick Jagger and Miranda Lambert
- “The Cost of Living” with Merle Haggard
- “No, Thank You” with Vince Gill
- “Waiting Tables” with Jamey Johnson and Lee Ann Womack
- “Take A Picture of This”
- “Too Far Gone” with Alison Krauss and Johnson
- “That Old Flame” with Martina McBride
- “The Brand New Tennessee Waltz” with Krauss
- “Words Can Break Your Heart” with Trisha Yearwood
- “When I Stop Dreaming” with Dolly Parton
- “Praying for Rain” with Krauss, Gill, Yearwood, and Ashley Monroe
- “Too Much Pride”
- “She Sang Hymns Out of Tune” with Court Yard Hounds and Monroe
- “Train In the Distance” with Lucinda Williams
- “A Younger Man”
- “Where I Am Now” with Yearwood
Henley’s album Cass County was his highest charting album in his solo career. It reached number one on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart. Furthermore, the album made an appearance on different charts in the US and outside of it.
You should check out Don Henley’s country album. You’ll definitely want to give it a try.
Cass County, Country Album, Don Henley
- Kenny Rogers’ Children: Meet the Late Country Legend’s 5 Kids
- Wanda Miller: 8 Fast Facts About Kenny Rogers’ Other Half,
- Clint Eastwood: The Truth About His 8 Children
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- Kenny Rogers and wife Wanda Miller: Love That Bridged The Gaps
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012