That’s right, folks. Dolly Parton has been a member of the Grand Ole Opry for 50 years. Since becoming a member on the 4th of January, 1969, she’ll be celebrating her golden anniversary starting on the 12th of October with an all-star concert on the Opry stage in Nashville.
Although the show has long been sold out, fans of the bedazzled Queen of Country can now catch the concert when it airs on NBC during Thanksgiving week.
Dolly Parton: 50 Years at the Grand Ole Opry
The television special will premier on Tuesday, the 26th of November, and it features highlights from the Opry tribute. Emmylou Harris, Toby Keith, and Hank Williams Jr. are among the veteran artists paying tribute to Parton, along with contemporary stars like Dierks Bentley, Margo Price, Lady Antebellum, and Chris Janson.
In a statement, Parton expressed her happiness and excitement about the celebration.
“I’m so thrilled to be celebrating my 50-year anniversary with the Grand Ole Opry. I’m also excited that NBC wanted to share in this milestone with me. Together we hope to entertain a broader audience on what the Grand Ole Opry is and what it means to me.”
The resident Queen of Country shows no sign of stopping as of yet. Recently, she has been the focus of a number of projects, from the Opry recognition to becoming the subject of a new podcast entitled “Dolly Parton’s America,” which will debut this fall. She will also take part in the holiday film “Christmas at Dollywood” for the Hallmark Channel.
Dolly Week Lineup
- Oct. 8 | Dustin Dustin Lynch, Suzy Bogguss, The Isaacs, Stephanie Quayle and more
- Oct. 9 | Sara Evans, Del McCoury Band, Don Schlitz, Sam Williams, Stephanie Urbina Jones and more
- Oct. 10 | The Gatlin Brothers, Dale Ann Bradley, Emily West, Shawn Camp & Lauren Mascitti, Sierra Hull, Hannah Dasher and more
- Oct. 11 (Two Shows) | Bill Anderson, Barry Gibb, Dierks Bentley (1st show only), Margo Price, Emmylou Harris, Chris Janson and more
- Oct. 12 (Two Shows) | Dolly Parton, Lady Antebellum, Jeannie Seely, Toby Keith, Margo Price, Barry Gibb, Hank Williams, Jr. (1st show only), Candi Carpenter and more
50th Anniversary, Dolly Parton, Grand Ole Opry
- High Schooler In Overalls and Straw Hat Stuns The Crowd With His Banjo-Playing Skills
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Randy Travis Divorce With Ex-Wife Elizabeth Hatcher Travis Tops Nastiest Divorce in Industry
- Meet Randy Travis’ Wife Who Stood By In Sickness and In Health
- Chris Stapleton Sings “Love’s Gonna Make It Alright,” A Song He Wrote For George Strait
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- Scotty McCreery Remembers Late Grandfather at Y100’s 8 Man Jam With “Five More Minutes”