On June 15, 1985, Ricky Skaggs‘ song “Country Boy” hit the No. 1 on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs spot for one week. Furthermore, it spent a total of 19 weeks on the chart. His song “Country Boy” earned him his ninth number one spot on the chart.
The song was written by Tony Colton, Albert Lee and Ray Smith in 1984. In addition, the song is the number one track from his same-titled album. His album performed well on the charts as it peaked at No. 1 on the US Billboard Top Country Albums Chart for 3 weeks. It remained on the charts for a total of 59 weeks.
Other Songs with the Words “Country Boy”
The words country boy have been used in many titles of country songs. These include John Denver’s “Thank God I’m A Country Boy,” Don Williams’ “I’m Just A Country Boy,” and Alan Jackson’s “Country Boy.”
About the Song
The song “Country Boy” is about a man who lives in the big city and works all the time. He doesn’t want people to think that he’s a big shot city guy and all its fancy. The character wants people to know that deep in him, he’s just a country boy at heart. He misses and prefers the life in the country, simple and happy. Furthermore, he sings that he may be working some fancy job, but he would rather have a simple job like being a haul collar or a cotton picker.
The Music Video
The video begins with Ricky sitting in his office when his uncle came to visit him and told him about him changing. Ricky reminded his uncle that he is still the same boy as he was. He showed his uncle around the city while singing the song. Bill Monroe, one of the best bluegrass musicians, played the role of Ricky Skaggs’ uncle. Ricky and Bill were also dancing in the video and it was a fun video to watch.
country boy, Ricky Skaggs
- When Randy Travis Paid Highest Tribute to George Jones
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- 49 Years Ago, Linda Ronstadt Unleashed The Eagles
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Meet Summer Duncan, Jon Pardi’s Girlfriend and Bride To Be
- Josh Turner Honors Randy Travis with Forever and Ever, Amen Cover