When Clay Walker’s “What’s It To You” was released as the lead-off single from his 1993 self-titled debut album, it quickly reached No. 1 on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs chart as well as in Canada Country Tracks chart. With such a feat, several doors opened for Walker that immediately propelled him to stardom.
Written by Curtis Wright and Robert Ellis Orrall, “What’s It To You” tells the story of a man confessing his love to a woman. And he wants to know if they both see love the same way. After all, “love is a rhythm of two hearts beating.”
Wright also recorded the song for his own self-titled debut album in 1992, but it was Clay Walker who definitely brought the song to mainstream and made it into his own signature song. It is indeed on top of Clay Walker’s greatest hits.
The popularity of the single continued for so long that its follow-up “Live Until I Die” – written by Walker himself – was released a few months later and turned out to be his second consecutive No. 1. This immediately established Walker as a commercial success, with his first two albums reaching platinum status.
In fact, after reaching No. 1, Walker then had the opportunity to open for country stars Alan Jackson and George Strait. “With only one hit record, it’s hard to keep the audience’s attention for forty-five minutes, but it’s working,” the singer recalled.
Walker’s “What’s It To You” was accompanied by a music video where the singer performed the song with his band on stage. There were also footages that will give you a glimpse behind-the-scenes as they filmed the short clip, which is actually Walker’s first music video.
You can listen to “What’s It To You” by Clay Walker in the video below.
- Kenny Rogers’ Children: Meet the Late Country Legend’s 5 Kids
- Wanda Miller: 8 Fast Facts About Kenny Rogers’ Other Half,
- Mickey Guyton and Husband Grant Savoy: The Perfect Match
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- Kenny Rogers and wife Wanda Miller: Love That Bridged The Gaps
- Clint Eastwood: The Truth About His 8 Children
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?