Carrie Underwood will be hosting the CMA Awards again this year, and this is for the twelfth consecutive year! But this time, she’s going to be with country legends Reba McEntire and Dolly Parton, and she can’t contain the excitement!
Carrie Underwood x Reba McEntire x Dolly Parton
In an interview with Universal Music Nashville, she expressed that hosting the show with these two powerhouses means a lot to the “Cry Pretty” singer.
“It does not get bigger than that or better than that. I feel like the three of us love what we do so much, and we love country music, and it means something, I feel like, to have us up there on that stage kind of driving the bus for the evening and setting the tone.”
The 53rd annual awards show aims to showcase and honor the women of country music, past and present. Underwood is “very pleased and happy and excited” with the idea of having a heavy focus on women for the prestigious show.
“We just want to be respectful of our genre and of this awards show, because it’s so important to us, and shine a light on what I think is the backbone of country music, and that’s the females that have come before all of us and will come in the future.”
The three co-hosts have a combined total of 124 CMA Awards nominations and 22 total wins. Underwood is up for the coveted Entertainer of the Year award this year, along with Female Vocalist of the Year and Album of the Year for Cry Pretty. Notably, Underwood has had 14 consecutive nominations for Female Vocalist.
CMA Chief Executive Officer Sarah Trahern welcomed Parton and McEntire with vigor and enthusiast in a statement.
“It’s an incredible honor to welcome Carrie, Reba, and Dolly to the CMA Awards stage this year. In addition to awarding the year’s best and brightest in the genre, ‘The 53rd Annual CMA Awards’ will celebrate the legacy of women within Country Music, and we couldn’t think of a more dynamic group of women to host the show.”
Carrie Underwood, CMA 2019, Dolly Parton, Reba McEntire
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance