Bob Kingsley is a longtime country radio DJ and host of the syndicated radio show Bob Kingsley’s Country Top 40. Recently, the radio veteran announced that he had been, sadly, diagnosed with bladder cancer.
Bob Kingsley and His Bladder Cancer Diagnosis
In a letter to fans on his website, the DJ announced his cancer diagnosis, and that he will be stepping away from his hosting duties to seek treatment.
“I have always prided myself in delivering the truth to you—my friends in the Country music industry, my fellow radio broadcasters, and all of the loyal listeners around the world—and today, well, today the truth does not come in the form of a story behind the song, or anything else, but in the reality of what is going on with yours truly.”
“I want to let you know that I have been diagnosed with bladder cancer. While there is no doubt that the immediate road ahead will push me and challenge my resolve, I want you to know I am blessed to be working with the very best in the medical profession, and they have a plan to deal with this awful disease. The faith you have placed in me is something I treasure, and that support has allowed me to do what I love in this wonderful industry for 60 years.”
Although he admits that the road ahead of him will be difficult, he reassured his fans that he will be working with the best medical practitioners and they already have a treatment plan for him moving forward.
He also thanked his fans for all the love, support, and prayers that he will receive in these trying times.
“You know friends, I’ve made a career out of #1s, and right now my #1 goal is getting back on the air to create more memories we’ll all be able to share, surrounded by the music we all love. I thank you in advance for the prayers and well wishes…they mean more to me than you could ever know.”
Bladder Cancer, Bob Kingsley
- ‘Grease’ is Under Fire, Critics Want It Taken Down From Screens. Here’s Why!
- 10 Best David Allan Coe Songs
- Deacon Frey Leads “Take It Easy” in Place of Dad
- How George Strait’s “Does Fort Worth Ever Cross Your Mind” crossed the minds of millions
- Home Free’s “Friends In Low Places” Will Make You Want To Spend a Day In The Beach
- Meet Kathie Lee Gifford’s Daughter That Dubiously Looks Like Her, Cassidy Gifford
- Ryan Upchurch’s “Can I Get A Outlaw” Is In The Hot Seat Right Now. Here’s Why!