Through the years, Aaron Shust has been famous for being one of the most compelling songwriters and singers in Christian music. His considerable depth and passion definitely did not go unnoticed.
To date, Shust continues growing into one of the most sincere voices in the community. Let’s get to know more about the contemporary Christian music artist below.
- Born on October 31, 1975, Aaron Shust is now 45 years old. He spent most of his childhood days near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- In 2007, he was named by the Gospel Music Association Dove Awards as the Songwriter of the Year and New Artist of the Year. While the song he wrote the “My Savior My God” – which was Christian’s radio’s No. 1 song for eleven weeks – won Song of the Year.
- His debut album, Anything Worth Saying, was the fifth best-selling Praise and Worship album of 2006.
- His successful career in music goes way back to Georgia’s Toccoa Falls College, where he studied music theory. At that time, Shust also studied Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Johann Sebastian Bach.
- While attending college, Shust also started performing at churches as well as at coffeehouses.
- He wanted to be a high school chorus teacher.
- He’s actually a big fan of U2 and Bob Marley.
8. And it seems like he was destined to be a Christian music singer when he accepted Jesus Christ when he was only four – singing his first solo at a church performance. And then he started playing the piano when he was seven.
9. He’s been serving as a full-time staff member and worship leader at Perimeter Church in Atlanta. In addition to that, Shust leads worship all through the United States – whether it is a new church, adult retreats, or youth camps. According to the singer, he feels closest to God whenever he is leading people in worship.
10. He has spent a great part of his life in ministry and collaboration in Israel, declaring once again God’s promises to his people.
11. He is a father of three sons – Daniel, Nicky, and Michael – to wife Sarah Shust.
12. Sadly, Shust’s son Nicky was diagnosed with an incurable disease as an infant and even nearly died. When their third son, Michael, was born a year later, the couple once again faced another set of problems.
Michael was diagnosed with Down Syndrome and a heart condition that required open-heart surgery.
13. Shust has seen a miracle! Without a doubt, God works in mysterious ways. And Shust and his wife had seen that, when Michael was miraculously healed.
Five months after Michael was born, he went into an open-heart surgery and luckily survived. However, amidst the trials they endured, Michael was diagnosed as deaf, with doctors saying he would probably never hear.
Shust’s wife took their sick son to a prayer conference, and they prayed over him. When they took Michael back to the doctor, his tests came back with a full range of perfect hearing. “Miracles happen, and it’s just amazing. It bolstered my faith,” Shust said.
His experience, faith, and sincerity with the church are definitely evident in Aaron Shust’s songs. So, it was no longer a surprise when he quickly gained such momentum in Christian Music which takes most singers years to build. And it seems like Shust is not showing any signs of slowing down. His story has indeed just begun, so keep on the watch for this artist.
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Brandi Carlile and wife Catherine Shepherd’s Sweet Love Story
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage