Skipping straight from being risqué to well, being very honest to the point, Jason Aldean’s “Burnin’ It Down” became the singer’s fastest-breaking single out of his illustrious career.
When the steamy song was released in 2014 as the first single off his sixth studio album, Old Boots, New Dirt, it actually made a giant leap to the top spot of Billboard’s Hot Country Songs and Country Airplay chart – despite it being a different song style for Aldean.
Story Behind The Song
Unlike most of Jason Aldean songs, the content of “Burnin’ It Down” is much sexier with a slower tempo – something different from what his fans were used to.
Brian Kelley and Tyler Hubbard of Florida Georgia Line wrote the sexy single together with prolific songwriters Rodney Clawson and Chris Tompkins. It’s a mid-tempo ballad about a man’s sexual encounter with his lover, which Aldean deemed to be “baby-making music.”
It was originally intended to be a hit for Florida Georgia Line, but “the timing was tough on it.” They knew when they wrote it that it would be impossible to cut the song themselves for one more year. Then it came to them that there’s no better artist to “kill this song” than Aldean.
“We should try to give it to him, and at least let him hear it.’ And next thing we know, he’s cutting it,” Hubbard recalled.
Aldean, who felt like he kept doing the same thing over and over again, was feeling grateful to record something people don’t expect to hear from him. “I think sometimes you’re fortunate enough to find really cool songs that allow you to do that,” the singer said.
Totally, the risk paid off! Make sure to listen to “Burnin’ It Down” by Jason Aldean in the video below.
- Clint Eastwood: The Truth About His 8 Children
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed
- The Story Behind Garth Brooks’ Divorce That Cost Him Millions
- Willie Nelson Held Back Tears as His Friends Sang Him “Seven Spanish Angels”
- 12 Deacon Frey Facts You Probably Didn’t Know
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend