In 2006, contemporary Christian singer Aaron Shust released “My Savior My God” as the third single from his debut studio album Anything Worth Saying.
Immediately, the song became Shust’s first No. 1 hit on the Christian radio – securing that position for eleven remarkable weeks. Not only that, but it peaked at No. 1 on six charts at the same time – spending thirty weeks on the R&R Christian AC chart’s Top 5. It was also the most played song on Christian adult contemporary radio that same year.
So, it was no longer a surprise when “My Savior My God,” one of Aaron Shust songs was highly praised and recognized, earning the award of “Song of the Year” during the GMA Dove Awards in 2007.
Although Shust is often credited as the author and composer of the beloved worship song, “My Savior My God” obtained the majority of its verses from an ancient hymn called “My Savior” in the songbook Songs of Joy and Gladness, gathered by Wm. J. Kirkpatrick in 1885.
However, the lyrics were actually penned by Dora Greenwell and were published in 1873 in a small book of poetry, Songs of Salvation. Her poem was titled “Redemption.”
Indeed, it’s one of the biggest Christian songs in the 2000s. After all, many fans can relate as to how God can be the only one great enough to counterweight the human race’s blunders. He restored our relationship with God. Today, we can defeat wickedness and bestow devotional life infinitely with God in heaven. This is the hope for all of us who call Jesus our Savior.
And Shust – who loves the promises of God – has beautifully turned that into a song.
You can listen to “My Savior My God” by Aaron Shust in the video below.
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Remember When Marty Robbins Starred in Clint Eastwood’s Iconic Film
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Let’s Revisit Conway Twitty’s Last Performance of “The Rose”
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend