Have you watched the movie, Logan? Well, if you did, you might have heard Johnny Cash‘s great song “Hurt.” It was featured in the last installment of Hugh Jackman’s character of Wolverine. The song was appropriate to the theme of the movie as it is very dark and is full of anguish.
Johnny Cash in Logan
The song “Hurt” by Johnny Cash was used in the trailer, and in some scenes in the movie. It was used as a tool to explore the pain and anguish that the character was experiencing. In the movie, Wolverine is dealing with mortality and this was something that was new for him. He is getting older and his regeneration ability is getting weaker.
With this premise, his character becomes vulnerable to his enemies and he is showing his weakness. This is where the track comes in as Wolverine battles with his enemies and his desire to stay alive. Fortunately, he found a young girl that he needed to protect against the bad guys and this gave him the motivation to fight back. As the plot progresses, so does the impact of Johnny Cash’s song.
My empire of dirt
I will let you down
I will make you hurt
A million miles away
I will keep myself
I would find a way
The line where the song states that he would start again is where the movie starts. Hugh Jackman’s character, Logan, wanted to move away from the life of mutants as it only gave him heartaches and feelings of hurt. There was a character development within the story as he discovered his true goal and that he is willing to sacrifice himself to achieve it.
Listen to Johnny Cash’s song here:
Johnny Cash, Logan, movie soundtrack
- Five Husbands Later, Lorrie Morgan Finally Found The Love Of Her Life
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- John Wayne’s Last Public Appearance is Nothing But Heartwarming
- WATCH: A Father’s Final duet with his Daughter
- Here’s How C.W. McCall’s “Convoy” Became A Trucker Protest Anthem
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend