Have you watched the movie, Logan? Well, if you did, you might have heard Johnny Cash‘s great song “Hurt.” It was featured in the last installment of Hugh Jackman’s character of Wolverine. The song was appropriate to the theme of the movie as it is very dark and is full of anguish.
Johnny Cash in Logan
The song “Hurt” by Johnny Cash was used in the trailer, and in some scenes in the movie. It was used as a tool to explore the pain and anguish that the character was experiencing. In the movie, Wolverine is dealing with mortality and this was something that was new for him. He is getting older and his regeneration ability is getting weaker.
With this premise, his character becomes vulnerable to his enemies and he is showing his weakness. This is where the track comes in as Wolverine battles with his enemies and his desire to stay alive. Fortunately, he found a young girl that he needed to protect against the bad guys and this gave him the motivation to fight back. As the plot progresses, so does the impact of Johnny Cash’s song.
My empire of dirt
I will let you down
I will make you hurt
A million miles away
I will keep myself
I would find a way
The line where the song states that he would start again is where the movie starts. Hugh Jackman’s character, Logan, wanted to move away from the life of mutants as it only gave him heartaches and feelings of hurt. There was a character development within the story as he discovered his true goal and that he is willing to sacrifice himself to achieve it.
Listen to Johnny Cash’s song here:
- Sons of Willie Nelson Joined Him For An Incredible Rendition of “Move it on Over”
- Rip Wheeler and Beth Dutton Complete Relationship Timeline
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?
- Tim McGraw & Faith Hill’s Daughter Audrey Shows Off Snippet From Recent Photoshoot
- Get To Know Kelly Reilly, The Actress Behind Yellowstone’s Fearless Beth Dutton
- The Yellowstone Soundtrack: The Complete List