A 6-year-old girl diagnosed with an incurable type of cancer said that she wanted to become a police officer someday. Thus, the Freeport Police Department officially dubbed her to be an honorary police officer for the day.
A Girl With a Dream
Two years ago, Abigail Arias has been diagnosed with having a stage-four Wilms’ tumor wrapped around her aorta. She underwent 80 rounds of grueling chemotherapy that almost killed her.
There was a five-month remission at a certain point, but then her cancer had spread to her lungs. In November, Abigail’s doctors said that they no longer knew anything else that could cure her. Her cancer is terminal. Rueben Arias, Abigail’s father, said,
“That just devastated us.”
But Rueben says that their faith is strong and they lay it all on God’s hands.
“We’re strong in our faith. We believe in God. The doctors can say what they say medically but we know that God is the one that has her destiny in his hands.”
Freeport Police Department’s Youngest Officer
Abigail had shared her wish of becoming a police officer with Freeport Police Chief Ray Garivey in December when the pair met. Immediately, he knew he wanted to make it happen.
Chief Garivey fought back tears as he helped make the little girl’s dream a reality.
“Her terrific smile and will to keep fighting ‘the bad guys’ inside of her – I wanted to make her dream come true. You have to meet her to really understand what a great and inspiring young lady she is.”
Currently, Freeport PD has 33 sworn officers but no one is more determined to bust the bad guys more than Abigail, wielding badge number 758.
“I promise to keep fighting the bad guys until all my cancer is gone,” Abigail pledged to the chief.
Watch the touching report here!
cancer, Freeport Police Department
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- 49 Years Ago, Linda Ronstadt Unleashed The Eagles
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- “Sissy’s Song” is Alan Jackson’s Tribute To an Unforgettable Woman
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?