Some of the most iconic female singers in country music will unite for what the Country Music Association describes as a “historic, not-to-be-missed opening performance” at the 2019 CMA Awards on Nov. 13.
Women of Country Music will Shine on the 2019 CMA Awards
Carrie Underwood will join her co-hosts, Reba McEntire and Dolly Parton, to lead an all-star female performance that will also include Terri Clark, Sara Evans, Crystal Gayle, and the Highwomen (composed of Brandi Carlile, Natalie Hemby, Maren Morris, and Amanda Shires).
Other performances include Martina McBride, Jennifer Nettles, Tanya Tucker, and Gretchen Wilson. Each will perform part of a country classic in a medley that will span decades.
The 53rd annual CMA Awards will also feature a special performance from Kelsea Ballerini with Lindsay Ell, Maddie & Tae, Ashley McBryde, Carly Pearce, and Runaway June.
According to a press release, they will join together for “an epic performance of an iconic CMA Song of the Year and CMA Single of the Year featuring a special appearance by Little Big Town,” in what will “be one of the night’s most talked-about performances.”
As was previously announced, Eric Church, Luke Combs, Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Maren Morris, Dolly Parton with For King & Country and Zach Williams, Pink and Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, and Keith Urban as the first performers for the 53rd annual CMA Awards in a press release on the morning of Oct 23, Wednesday.
Performances and duets include Kelsea Ballerini, Lady Antebellum, and Thomas Rhett among others.
Brooks & Dunn will team up with Brothers Osborne, Garth Brooks will duet with Blake Shelton, and Kacey Musgraves will sing with the legendary Willie Nelson.
There will also be performances by Dan + Shay, Halsey, and Old Dominion.
The 2019 CMA Awards are set to broadcast live from the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville on ABC on Nov. 13.
Carrie Underwood, CMA Awards 2019, Dolly Parton, Reba McEntire
- Remember When Toby Keith and Daughter Performed Duet of “Mockingbird”?
- Upchurch Releases “Mud To Gold” Tracklist, Teases Fans with Self-Leaked Song
- Keith Whitley’s Legacy Lives On Through Wife & Son “Don’t Close Your Eyes” Duet
- In Honor of Patrick Swayze: One of Hollywood’s Most Savvy and Versatile Actors
- Wynonna Judd’s Faith-Filled Rendition of “I Can Only Imagine”
- Watch Troops Sing ‘Take Me Home, Country Roads’ on Flight Home From 11-Month Deployment
- The 35 Saddest Country Songs When You Need a Good Cry