Willie Nelson is known to have more than one passion. If he’s not on the road or playing his guitar, then he’s most likely in his 700-acre ranch, the Luck Ranch. The outlaw has a fitting way to describe the ranch just 30 miles from Austin.
“When you’re here, you’re in Luck, and when you’re not, you’re out of Luck.”
Luck Ranch is about 30 miles outside of Austin and horses roam the pastures. It is also home to the ‘Luck Reunion,‘ an annual, one-day festival filled with music and food that should not be missed. This exclusive event is a wonderful opportunity to see the ranch in person and you can even feed some of the horses next to the tents.
That saying couldn’t ring truer for his most recent endeavor. The humble legend has become a sort of a father to 70 horses that he saved from the slaughterhouse!
Willie Nelson’s Big Heart
Nelson isn’t a stranger to rescuing animals. He has been rescuing horses for years. Now, there are 70 horses roaming around the ranch, all of which the country legend have saved just days before they would be taken to the slaughterhouse. And since their rescue, they have become spoiled by Nelson.
Nelson gushed about his horses, and their daily lives in Luck.
“My horses are probably the luckiest horses in the world. They get hand-fed twice a day, and they were just ready to go to slaughter is probably the last thing they remembered, so they’re happy horses.”
The country singer’s devotion to hoses is longstanding. A recent song by Nelson, “Ride Me Back Home,” attests to his passion for the animal. In 2015, a video by Nelson called “The Love of Horses” won the People’s Silver Telly Award.
The 86-year-old’s love for horses transcends the family. Nelson’ son Lukas is also a big advocate for horse safety too. Both father and son support the foundations Saving America’s Horses and Habitat for Horses.
horses, Luck Ranch, Willie Nelson
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- Five Husbands Later, Lorrie Morgan Finally Found The Love Of Her Life
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get To Know The Man in Black’s Multi-Talented Son, John Carter Cash
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend