Nothing sounds better than listening to old songs covered by country legends. If you enjoy such kind of music here is one that we guarantee you will like.
In 1978, Willie Nelson recorded the pop song “Blue Skies.” He turned into something that sounded fit for a musical show into another hit on the Billboard Country chart. Nelson included the song from his twenty-second album Stardust. Like some of his singles and his album, his rendition of the song was an absolute favorite by many.
Here is Willie Nelson’s cover of “Blue Skies”
His single may have not sounded more country, but Nelson was trying something new for his album. Stardust is a collection of ten cover songs that are an absolute classic in other genres.
- “Georgia on My Mind”
- “Blue Skies”
- “All of Me”
- “Unchained Melodies”
- “September Song”
- “On the Sunny Side of the Street”
- “Moonlight on Vermont”
- “Don’t Get Around Much Anymore”
- “Someone to Watch Over Me”
The Beginnings of the Song
“Blue Skies” was birthed in the year 1926 as a pop song for the musical Betsy. Being part of the musical show gave it a boost; making people go crazy about it and requesting the song constantly. This Irving Berlin-penned song was then recorded by Ben Selvin and became an instant hit upon its release. After this, the song came into the hands of a lot of prominent names in the music industry, from Ella Fitzgerald to Jim Reeves.
The Song’s Story
When you are in love there is nothing in this world you see than the person you love, and there is nothing but pure joy and love you feel in your heart. This is what the song “Blue Skies” is all about. A man (or a woman) describes the way how it is to be in love. They compare their feeling to a blue sky, which is bright and clear.
I never saw the sun shining so bright
Never saw things going so right
Noticing the days hurrying by
When you’re in love, my how they fly by
Blue days, all of them gone
Nothing but blue skies from now on
Blue Skies, Stardust, Willie Nelson
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- The Untimely Deaths of Loretta Lynn’s Kids
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed