Have you ever wondered what matters when you leave this world? Do you know what your purpose here on earth is? A lot of us ask this question most of the time, especially when we feel lost and we are not sure where to go. Since the world has been blinded by luxurious things, money, power, and fame, many people associated these things to be the end goal. People liked to believe that money brings happiness. Power is everything and fame is great, but, when you are standing at the end of your life, would these things really matter?
The Bible has mentioned the thing that matters in life a lot of times, but sometimes we don’t take it seriously because we let what society tells us to control us. Proverbs 16:8 says,
“Better a little with righteousness than great revenues with injustice.”
What matters when you leave this world?
It is much better to have little in life and do good than to be rich and famous as well as practicing injustice and exploitation. Money and fame have their limits. Yes, they can bring temporary joy, but all of these will perish. The only thing that matters in life are the good things you have done to the people around you. God will not judge you by your sins or the things you have, He will judge you by your righteous acts. He will look upon the good things you have done for His people.
In regard to doing good, one particular gospel song also tells us that it’s what you leave behind this world that truly matters. Therefore, while you are still alive, why not ask the Lord to guide you to do good things. Ask for His help and He would be willing to do so.
“But if anyone has the world’s goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God’s love abide in him?” -1 John 3:17
“And let our people learn to devote themselves to good works, so as to help cases of urgent need, and not be unfruitful.” -Titus 3:14
God, Randy Travis, Three Wooden Crosses
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Another Jaw-Dropping Performance by Merle Haggards’ Sons
- Fans Coming Up To Chris Young With Tears In Their Eyes After Listening to “Drowning”
- “Down to the River to Pray:” The Perfect Song for the Movie O Brother, Where Art Thou?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Meet Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell’s Kids Inside Their Blended Family
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?