The gospel song “Uncloudy Day” provides relief and assurance of a place where sorrow is never going to exist. This place seems to be somewhere beyond our planet. And, it is only when we see God that we will be able to reach this beautiful place that our heart desires.
The Inspiration Behind “Uncloudy Day”
In 1979, Josiah Kelley Alwood was inspired by looking at a perfectly clear night sky. After seeing the clear sky, he was inspired to write the hymn “Uncloudy Day.” This inspiring and reassuring song has been covered by many artists. One of the most notable versions was by the Staple Singers. Likewise, they have inspired Bob Dylan to record his version.
Here are the different versions of the gospel song “Uncloudy Day.”
Nelson first released his version in 1977. Interestingly, his recording was used as a soundtrack for the movie Honeysuckle Rose. The movie is about a country singer who has everything he needs, but along the way, things began to change.
In 1970, Johnny Cash performed the song with his mother. Specifically, he performed it during the season finale of The Johnny Cash Show. In the video, he recalled the first time he sang in public and the song he performed with his mother.
In 2007, Lee released an album where she collaborated with her friends. Gospel Duets with Treasured Friends is an album containing ten gospel songs Lee grew up singing and listening to. One of the songs on her album was her cover of “Uncloudy Day.” To record this single, she collaborated with Martina McBride. However, none of the songs entered the Billboard chart. Fortunately, though, her album was nominated for a Dove Award in 2008.
There you have it, folks! Hope you enjoyed listening to some of the covers of the gospel song “Uncloudy Day.”
Brenda Lee, Johnny Cash, uncloudy day, Willie Nelson
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Get to Know the Children of The Country Legend, George Jones
- Billy Ray Cyrus’ Net Worth and Other Things You May Not Know About the Country Singer
- 10 Real Facts About Lacey Chabert’s Husband, David Nehdar
- What Happened To John Wayne’s Children?
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Why do People Hate the Dixie Chicks? Will they ever Return to Country Music?