Grammy Award-winning country music star Travis Tritt was involved in a fatal car accident that left two dead after a drunk driver drove the wrong way up to a South Carolina highway.
Travis Tritt’s Accident
The country star was on his tour bus when the collision happened. The accident happened just before 3 AM on a Saturday morning.
TMZ reports that a Jeep that was driving the wrong way hit a pick-up truck in front of Tritt’s tour bus. The driver of the Jeep and a passenger in the truck both died.
His tour bus was sideswiped by another vehicle and only sustained minor damage. No one on Tritt’s tour bus was injured.
Tritt shares the images on social media, as well as his thoughts and feelings about the crash.
“We were just involved in a fatal accident with a driver going the wrong way on Veteran’s Highway as we were leaving Myrtle Beach. Thank God we are all okay. I feel so bad for those who died needlessly tonight. I’m really shaken up by what I witnessed. God bless those who died.”
Tritt also shared details as to what happened to their tour bus and how they managed to get away virtually unscathed.
“We sustained minor damage as we tried to avoid the crash site in front of us. Bus damage can be fixed, but lives cannot be replaced. I’m so incredibly sad for those who lost their lives tonight. […] We only were sideswiped in tonight’s accident. It could’ve been so much worse. God was obviously watching over us tonight. I praise God for keeping us safe!”
In another tweet, the country star begged that everybody should drive sober and that people should know their limits in order to prevent these kinds of tragedies.
According to Tritt’s official tour calendar, he and his band performed at the House of Blues in North Myrtle Beach on Friday night, the 17th of May. The same bill is slated to appear on Saturday evening at Anderson Music Hall in Hiawassee, Ga.
News, Travis Tritt
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance