The Texas-bred singer-songwriter has been making music since she was only eleven and was able to cut her first record three years later. She had self-released three albums before moving to Nashville, and she has written songs for Tim McGraw and Kelly Clarkson. But it was only in 2016 when Maren Morris’ “My Church” was released that her career took off.
The song was the lead single from her debut studio album, Hero. Following airplay on country radio, “My Church” reached No. 5 on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs chart while No. 9 on Billboard’s Country Airplay chart. It also earned Gold certification from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
But the bigger success came when the song helped Maren Morris win her first Grammy during the 59th Annual Grammy Awards for Best Country Solo Performance while getting a nomination for Best Country Song.
Well, it’s no surprise why it quickly became a favorite among Maren Morris songs – far and wide! “My Church” has beautifully captured the special feeling that comes over Morris whenever she’s behind the wheel and cranking the radio. It got a gospel vibe, as she figuratively explains why country music has been her “church.”
Morris got the inspiration for the song while driving around Nashville with the radio turned up – all the while brokenhearted from a current breakup and disappointed by her lack of a solid idea. Luckily, the soundtrack for such an emotional moment of her life played on that she thought to herself, “This is like church to me.” And she knows it is for a lot of other people too. The rest was history!
Well, it’s hard to believe it’s been five years since the talented singer released her first hit single. You can listen to “My Church” by Maren Morris in the video below.
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Naomi Bristow’s Beautiful Version of Hallelujah
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Amy Grant is an Instrument to MercyMe’s Career Breakthrough