Over the years, Keith Urban has released songs that we still remember to this day. Some of his hits include “But for the Grace of God,” “Somebody Like You,” and his recent song “Blue Ain’t Your Color.” Out of all his songs, Keith’s “Tonight I Wanna Cry” hits us the most.
It tells a story of a man left by the one he loves and he can’t do anything besides drowning himself with misery and alcohol.
Keith Urban and His Hit “Tonight I Wanna Cry”
The heartbreaking track was written by Keith Urban himself together with Monty Powell. It was released back in 2005 under his album Be Here. The song was an instant hit as it reached number 2 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs. The single was also certified platinum, proving that the audience really loved it when it was released.
The song is a favorite performance piece by aspiring country artists. It was performed by Ace Young on American Idol back in 2006 and Chris Richardson on the same competition a year after. The track was also chosen by Chad Doucette for his performance at the Canadian Idol.
I’ve never been the kind to ever let my feelings show
And I thought that bein’ strong meant never losin’ your self-control
Sometimes, you just need a good venting out to feel great again. This is what the song wants to remind us; that it is fine to cry out our feelings. This is quite difficult for men to do so because they are known to be less expressive of their feelings. This is a culture within men because, at an early age, they are taught that showing emotions is a sign of weakness. This is definitely not the case because it is actually a sign of being a coward.
You are afraid of what other people may think of you when you cry. The track “Tonight I Wanna Cry” is made to counter that notion. Releasing pent up emotions is healthy for us and we need to do it in situations where we feel anguish and sadness.
Listen to the song “Tonight I Wanna Cry” here:
- ICYMI: The CMA Fiasco Surrounding Alan Jackson’s Walk-out to Beyonce’s Performance
- What Happened To John Wayne’s Children?
- First Time In History: Garth Brooks’ Daughter Allie Colleen Achieves Her First Top-40 Country Hit
- Meet Brad Paisley’s Kids He Is Raising To Be Kind and Humble
- Top Paid Country Musicians of 2020: Billboard’s U.S. Money Makers
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash