Tim McGraw a multi-awarded Country artist gives us one of the country hits in the 2000s entitled “The Cowboy in Me.”
Let us admit that everyone is not perfect. We have a bad and a good side of our personality but that doesn’t define the person at all. People have their own reasons why they treat someone the way they do. Some reasons include depression and stress. So who are we to judge them? In line with this is Tim McGraw‘s song “Cowboy in Me.”
Tim McGraw with His Country Hit
Tim McGraw has been in the country music industry for decades. Wherein, he has been considered one of the most influential and most successful artists of all time. Today, let us look back on one of his country hits “Cowboy in Me.”
“Cowboy in Me” is a country hit song penned by Al Anderson, Craig Wiseman, and Jeffrey Steele. This track was recorded by Tim McGraw and it was released in November 2001 as a single from his album Set This Circus Down. Upon the song’s release, “Cowboy in Me” peaked at number 1 on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs charts and at number 33 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.
Upon hearing the song, Tim McGraw defined himself as the “Cowboy in Me” where he sees the selfish side of his personality and sometimes he gets destructive on the things happening in his life.
Anderson shared that he is proud of this song even though it is not particularly personal to him. He said,
“I was just writing the song. Jeff Steele came in with the idea and he had some of it done already, and he and Craig Wiseman just finished it with him. So it has nothing to do with my life. I don’t do that much.”
In addition, he also shared his inspiration while working on this track. He said,
“My mom used to let me go to sleep with the radio on and I could get WBBD when I was a kid, in Wheeling, West Virginia. It was a trucker station and it came in at night all over the country. So when I was 8, 9 years old, I was glued to that station at night. I fell asleep with it every night.”
Listen to Tim McGraw’s song here:
- Charley Pride’s Son Honors Dad with “Kiss An Angel Good Mornin'”
- First Time In History: Garth Brooks’ Daughter Allie Colleen Achieves Her First Top-40 Country Hit
- ICYMI: The CMA Fiasco Surrounding Alan Jackson’s Walk-out to Beyonce’s Performance
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- Meet Brad Paisley’s Kids He Is Raising To Be Kind and Humble