Almost all of Tim McGraw’s songs are always part of the all-time country favorites list, but Tim made a different tune when he performed his favorite Keith Whitley song, “Don’t Close Your Eyes.” A one-of-a-kind night full of unforgettable music was what Nashville’s Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum online fundraiser via YouTube offered back on Oct. 28, 2020.
Virtual shows became the most extensive option when the pandemic struck us. Nevertheless, that didn’t stop the talented country music stars from gathering and create a historical event.
Tim McGraw Performance
The concept of the concert was that artists were paired with iconic instruments from other classic country legends. Tim McGraw sang Keith Whitley’s “Don’t Close Your Eyes” while playing his C.W. Parsons acoustic guitar. It was a free concert where viewers were encouraged to donate using YouTube Giving for the museum.
Keith’s treasured guitar was purchased in the Kentucky state. He just exchanged a dollar and a handshake for the sturdy instrument. The pre-taped performance showcased Tim sitting in front of the exhibit. Clearly, he’s the best choice.
Furthermore, the great thing about the famous country crooner is that he isn’t afraid to open up and show his emotions. With each strum of the guitar and smooth voice, he perfectly portrayed what Keith would have done if he was on the show.
Short Summary For Keith Whitley’s Song
“Don’t Close Your Eyes” bagged the 1988 Billboard’s number one country single of the year. Bob McDill wrote the song as Keith Whitley recorded it. And after it joined the bandwagon of digital download, the song garnered 475,000 digital copies in the United States as of March 2019.
The song was covered by different artists like Alan Jackson, Kellie Pickler, and Garth Brooks. Keith passed away when he was 34 years old, and Tim still feels remorseful when he remembers the veteran country singer. Nevertheless, he did a fantastic job both with the instrument and the song.
You can watch Tim McGraw belting out “Don’t Close Your Eyes” below.
keith whitley, tim mcgraw
- One Good Deed: Country Music Star Left $1,000 Tip to Waitress Working Double with Daughter
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Kelly Clarkson Will Pay Ex-Husband Brandon Blackstock Nearly $200k Per Month Amid Divorce
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs for July 2021
- Remembering the Creepy Death of Johnny Horton 59 Years Ago
- Trace Adkins Teams Up with Country Legends for a Gospel Collab
- Luke Combs’ Net Worth + Facts: Everything You Need To Know About The Country Star