The perfect love song is something that exceeds generational differences. Thomas Rhett’s “It Goes Like This” was written by no stranger to Rhett. It was penned by none other than his father, Rhett Akins, along with Jimmy Robbins and Ben Hayslip.
The song wasn’t originally intended to be one of Thomas Rhett songs, but Akins shared it with his son anyway. Thomas Rhett had already cut a few songs, and his father didn’t think his son would include the song.
After hearing the song, Thomas Rhett immediately called his father, giving the best affirmation ever, “Dad… my wife loves it…” and although it was less likely that the song would be recorded in a year or two, they were able to make it happen.
Rhett Akins describes the writing process saying it started as one thing but ended up as something else. The initial idea before writing “It Goes Like This” by Thomas Rhett changed along the way, and it just stuck.
Despite penning the perfect serenade, Rhett Akins talks about its influence on the family. He said in an interview with Roughstock that they replaced the chorus words to “oooo’s” and “hey’s” to make it different. He shares how his kids say, “Daddy, play it again! Play it again!”
Thomas Rhett shares how close he is with his dad and his secret to a strong message. He says he doesn’t get too close with female casts in his videos. This ground rule created a romantic, but also distant music video for Thomas Rhett’s It Goes Like This, where viewers can see the honest intent but also the isolation.
Make sure to check out Thomas Rhett’s “It Goes Like This” to see a serenade that exceeds generations.
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs for August 2021 That You Need To Check Out
- Dolly Parton Revealed She Invested Whitney Houston’s “I Will Always Love You” Royalties in a Black Community
- Watch as Mel Tillis Sings the Song He Wrote For Kenny Rogers
- Amy Grant and Vince Gill: The Story of Love That Inspires
- Watch Scotty McCreery’s Spine-Tingling Rendition of “Hello Darlin’”
- The Yellowstone Soundtrack: The Complete List
- Little Girl Superbly Delivers Willie Nelson’s “Always on My Mind”