Thomas Rhett’s Marriage
Back on October 12, 2012, country artist Thomas Rhett tied the knot with Lauren Akins. Rhett met Lauren in first grade. They were best friends turned sweethearts. Their love was inspired by Rhett’s greatest hits “Die a Happy Man,” and “Marry Me.” In May 2017, they adopted a baby girl from Uganda and named her Willa Gray Akins. Three months after, they welcomed their second daughter, Ada James Akins.
Recently, Rhett and Lauren announced that they were expecting their third child early next year.
Lauren Akins posted a video on her Instagram account revealing her third baby’s gender.
Thomas also shared on one of his interviews that:
“Lauren wants to have five kids before she turns 34. That is her plan,” TR revealed. “So you can probably expect three new babies in the next five years. She’s the boss.”
Now, let me take this moment to say Congratulations to the growing family!
“Die a Happy Man”
This is a song written by Thomas Rhett, along with Sean Douglas, Shawn Cornwell, and Joe Spargur. It was first recorded by Rhett as a single from his second album, Tangled Up.
“Die a Happy Man” was released on September 28, 2015. Upon its release, the song topped the Hot Country Songs chart and stayed on the country charts for seventeen weeks.
The story behind the song is about a man’s need for nothing more in life but his woman’s love. Rhett dedicated this song for his wife, Lauren Akins. The song became the most played country tunes and earned two Academy of Country Music Awards.
This is the next big success in Thomas’ career. Thus, it was inspired by his real-life love story.
Thomas’ song “Life Changes” was released on April 2018. Upon its release, it also entered country charts and has sold thousands of copies nationwide.
Die A Happy Man, Lauren Akins, life changes, thomas rhett
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?