“There Goes My Everything” was the first “Song of the Year” at the very first Country Music Association Awards presentation.
“There Goes My Everything,” tells a story about a couple splitting up. It describes the singer’s realization of how much his lover means to him now that they are facing a breakup.
Dallas Frazier is one of the most successful and enduring singer-songwriters in Country music history. At the age of 12, he was already skilled in several musical instruments and became a featured member of Ferlin Husky’s band when he was a teenager.
With the encouragement of Husky, he moved to Nashville to work as a songwriter. He penned three huge hits namely ” There Goes My Everything,” “Ain’t Had No Lovin,” and “I’m a People.”
His songs continued to hit the charts well into the ’80s. “Elvira” was a smash for the Oak Ridge Boys, while Emmylou Harris topped the charts with “Beneath Still Waters.”
In 1988, however, Frazier retired from songwriting to pursue a career in the ministry. He became a Pastor at Grace Community Fellowship from 1999 to 2006.
Dallas Frazier returned to his recording career in 2006. In 2011, he released the album Writing & Singing Again.
“There Goes My Everything” Covers
1. Jack Greene
In 1966, Jack Greene covered the song where it stayed seven weeks at the top of the US Country Music Chart. It reached no. 65 on the Billboard Hot 100.
2. Engelbert Humperdinck
In 1967, Engelbert Humperdinck hit no. 20 on the Billboard Hot 100 with the song. It also hit no.2 in the UK Singles Chart and Ireland.
3. Elvis Presley
Elvis Presley recorded his version on June 8, 1970, in Nashville, Tennessee. It reached no. 9 on the country charts the following year. His version also entered the pop charts and peaked at no. 21 on Billboard Hot 100 and stayed there for 9 weeks.
Dallas Frazier, Elvis Presley, Engelbert Humperdinck, Jack Greene, there goes my everything
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- 10 Facts About Tom Selleck’s Wife, Jillie Mack
- Karen Fairchild and Jimi Westbrook Got The Sweetest Love Story
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- How George Jones’ “He Stopped Loving Her Today” Single-Handedly Saved His Career
- Kenny Chesney Is Mourning On The Death Of His Sweet Friend of 15 Years, Maria Rodriguez
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?