Tim McGraw’s “It’s Your Love” is the perfect song for slow dances and marriage proposals. It’s a go-to song for the hopeless romantic who finally got the love he deserves. This classic piece can help you discover and answer your burning questions for those folks who don’t know what love is. More so, You can expect nothing less from the modern country crooner and a bonus duet with his wife, Faith Hill.
“It’s Your Love” Song Facts
Songwriting is a lucrative business. But you need to know the right people for your songs to have a shot on the charts. It’s a good thing “It’s Your Love” composer Stephony Smith was an already established composer at that time. Smith pitched the song to Missy Gallimore, a successful song finder and wife of Tim’s producer Byron Gallimore.
Missy offered the song to Tim McGraw when he and Faith Hill were in the middle of a tour near Nashville. In an interview with American Songwriter magazine, he recalled that he instantly wanted to record it with Faith when he first heard it. Their bus was parked in a place out in Leiper’s Fork, and they went to the back to listen to the song. He then asked Faith to record it with him. And you guess it right; it was like love at first sight where the impact was evident on the charts and awards received.
In the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart, “It’s Your Love” peaked at number one and stayed at the top ranks for six weeks. Moreover, its release in May 1997 opened a lot of nominations. Academy of Country Music Awards gave the Single of the Year, Song of the Year, Video of the Year, and Vocal Event of the Year awards to the hit track. Also, they won the Vocal Event of the Year in Country Music Association.
Faith Hill and Tim McGraw’s Family
The power couple has many collaborations, mostly on Tim McGraw songs and albums from the early years of their relationship right until now. They got married on October 6, 1996, and were blessed by three daughters, namely Gracie, Maggie, and Audrey.
Currently, Tim and Faith are still active in the music scene. You can check out Tim McGraw’s “It’s Your Love” hit track below.
faith hill, tim mcgraw
- Charley Pride’s Son Honors Dad with “Kiss An Angel Good Mornin'”
- First Time In History: Garth Brooks’ Daughter Allie Colleen Achieves Her First Top-40 Country Hit
- ICYMI: The CMA Fiasco Surrounding Alan Jackson’s Walk-out to Beyonce’s Performance
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- Meet Brad Paisley’s Kids He Is Raising To Be Kind and Humble