Queen Taylor Swift is back and what a metamorphosis she has undergone! Recently, she released “You Need to Calm Down,” an anthem for pro-equality. Now, she released the music video, and it’s jam-packed with star power.
“You Need to Calm Down”
The pro LGBTQ+ video served as Lover’s second released single. The video challenges anti-LGBTQ+ beliefs and has hidden away metaphors and Easter eggs that are full of nuance and substance.
The music video is full of famous faces including Ellen DeGeneres, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, RuPaul, the Queer Eye crew, Lavern Cox, and several drag queens who bring on the glamour!
She even featured Katy Perry, whom she had a very public feud with that spanned for years. In it, it showed Perry in her 2019 Met Gala after-party attire where she went dressed as a burger. Swift matched the ensemble with a French Fry outfit. Later in the video, you see them hug it out amidst a fun food fight.
“You Need to Calm Down” has actually led to a significant influx of donations to the media advocacy organization GLAAD, which supports and campaigns for the members of the LGBTQ+ community.
It’s also a colorful way to call for support to sign her petition for Senate support on the Equality Act that she had started. You can sign the petition here!
Taylor Swift’s Lover
Lover is the upcoming seventh studio album by Swift and is scheduled to drop on the 23rd of August. Even if it hasn’t been released yet, the album has already set a new Apple Music Record.
The music giant reported that the “Me!” singer’s upcoming album has the most worldwide pre-adds on their platform for a female artist ever. She surpassed superstar Ariana Grande, who has previously held her title with her Thank U, Next album.
Check out the amazing music video here!
Lover, taylor swift, You Need to Calm Down
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Marie Osmond’s Children: Meet The Eight Of Them Here!
- Garth Brooks’ Daughters All Turned Up To Be These Gorgeous. Meet Them Here!
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Four Gents Teamed Up For One Epic Performance of “I’ll Fly Away” at Hee Haw
- Remembering The “Gentle Giant” of Country Music: Don Williams