This year marks the 26th birthday of country singer, Scotty McCreery. Our young country artist had a long journey before reaching country stardom, but it was all worth it for him. Right now, he is one of the most loved country artists of his generation because he resembles the old, classic, honky-tonk music.
Scotty McCreery’s Journey to Stardom
The world got to know Scotty McCreery, thanks to his charm and incredibly deep singing voice. He first graced the stage of country music when he auditioned for the biggest singing competition on TV. At that time, we witnessed a shy country boy who is willing to take his career to the next level. He showed up on the biggest audition of his life wearing flip flops and a smile on his face.
Immediately, he wowed the judges with his deep baritone voice. He was only 16 years old at that time but the judges already saw a huge potential in him so they him passed onto the next round. A shy Scotty McCreery braved through the stages of the competition until he won it, beating his fellow country artist Lauren Alaina. After he won the competition, the singer released his debut album which was well-received by the critics.
After his big win, the singer’s career started. His debut album Clear as Day hit the charts back in 2011 and it became certified platinum in the United States. He was also given the chance to perform at the Opry, where big country musicians start their career.
Scotty McCreery has also won several awards from the Academy of Country Music awards and CMT music awards. His breakthrough win back in 2011 definitely helped him establish his name in the country music scene. It is also a good thing that he has that signature country music sound, a voice that we rarely hear from today’s contemporary musicians.
Listen to the Scotty McCreery’s latest song here:
Happy 26th Birthday, Scotty! Cheers to more success.
american idol winner, Scotty McCreery
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance