After many months of waiting, Sam Hunt’s “23” is out now on all streaming platforms. This is the country superstar’s first official new solo release, following his successful second studio album, Southside, in 2020.
Just like most of Sam Hunt songs, “23” showcased the country star’s delicate vocals, which complemented well with the acoustic guitar as well as the banjo and steel melody that kept on appearing all through the song. But what’s even more remarkable is how Hunt made a gesture toward ’80s pop and country, blending sounds that feel softer and gauzier.
Sam Hunt co-wrote “23” with Chris LaCorte, Shane McAnally, and Josh Osborne, which is a warm reflection on a past relationship. The song serves as a great reminder that whatever reason why the relationship came to an end, it’s the time that you’ll never get back.
“No matter where I go, no matter what I do, I’ll never be 23 with anyone but you,” the song goes.
The singer even used an old photo of his wife’s uncle and aunt, when they were still a young couple, for the song’s artwork – which further exemplifies the fondness and nostalgia of days gone by.
But looking ahead, it seems like Hunt’s been brewing something incredible. Currently, the country star is on tour, headlining on shows and performing at various summer festivals. In addition to that, he’s been teasing for more tracks. The singer even revealed that he’d written a handful of songs and has some other songs that he needs to finish recording – though he has yet to announce plans for an album in full.
In the meantime, make sure you listen to “23” by Sam Hunt in the video below and let us know what you think!
- Clint Eastwood: The Truth About His 8 Children
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- Zachary John Denver: Meet John Denver’s Adopted Son
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend