What’s on that list?
From the creative writing of Patience Clemens and David Kent, “Honesty (Write Me a List)” turned out to be one of the top-performing hits for Rodney Atkins. Released in June 2003 as the third single from the album Honesty, the song peaked at number 4 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart in 2004. Hence, it was Atkins first Top 10 single. Also, on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100, the song became a minor crossover hit, reaching number 57 spot.
The story line goes, a couple was about to get a divorce. They went dining at a restaurant, and the man asks his wife to write down a list of what she wants. This include her preferred portion for their properties or belongings. The woman took a pause, faced down the paper and wrote what she mostly wanted:
A little less time for the rest of the world,
“And more for the two of us.
“Kisses each mornin’, ‘I love you’s’ at night,
“Just like it used to be.
“The way life was when you were in love with me.
Interestingly, the song is based on Patience Clemens separation. He confessed in one of his interview, that he was inspired to write a song about those memories from his divorce.
Knowing Rodney Atkins
A native from Knoxville, Tennessee, Rodney Atkins was born into this world on March 28, 1969. Though he did not find a break in the early stages of his singing career, he continued to pursue until he finally topped on the chart with his track, “If You’re Going Through Hell.” One thing to love about Rodney is his sincere passion to do volunteer activities, especially for Holston Methodist Home for Children in Greenville, TN, where he was adopted as a small child. The road back to the tiny hometown where he got his start may be a long one, but for Rodney, nothing could ever beat the power returning home to your roots.
Honesty, Rodney Atkins
- Surviving Racism, Infidelity: Meet Vivian Liberto Cash
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Is the Relationship of Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Heading to a Hefty Divorce?
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Five Husbands Later, Lorrie Morgan Finally Found The Love Of Her Life