The mother of country music icon Reba McEntire, Jacqueline, 93, died on 14 March (Saturday), of cancer.
Reba posted the news via Instagram, which is available below.
View this post on Instagram
Our Mother, Jacqueline McEntire, made that wonderful cross over into Heaven today. She had a wonderful, full, healthy life and was absolutely ready to go. The cancer might think it won the battle but we’re giving God all the credit on selecting the time for her to go home to Him. She was ready to see our Daddy, her mama and daddy and all her family and friends. Down here, Alice, Pake, Susie and I, grandkids and great grandkids all got to visit with her either in person or over the phone. She left knowing how much she is loved and we all know how much she loved us. We are very thankful for all the prayers, cards, calls, visits, the care-givers with their huge hearts, and the time God gave us with Mama. Jackie, Jac, Ms McEntire, Mama, Mama Jac, Momo Jac, Grandma, Grandma Jac, whatever the title was at the time – she gave you her undivided attention. We’re all going to miss her but we have so many wonderful memories. Thank you Lord for that. In lieu of flowers, the family lovingly asks that memorials be sent to the Reba McEntire Fund to benefit the Jacqueline McEntire Library Fund. Donations can be made online at https://www.texomagivingpartners.org/donate or mailed to: The Reba McEntire Fund 5036 Reba Drive Denison, Texas, 75020 In the memo line please write “Jacqueline McEntire” Phone: THF – Texoma Giving Partners at 903.337.0755
Jacqueline McEntire was born on Nov. 6, 1926.
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Walker Hayes’ ‘Fancy Like’ Has Him A Little Baffled By Its Success
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs for July 2021
- WATCH: Scotty McCreery’s Medley of Country Songs at the Opry
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed
- Ernest Tubb’s Classic Single “Walking the Floor Over You”
- Norma Strait: Facts You Need to Know About George Strait’s Spouse