There’s a new summer jam in town, and it’s the up-tempo new single “Old School” by Toby Keith – putting the great times of small-town living into the spotlight.
The feel-good country ballad is a nostalgic ode to all the tried-and-true ways of life, like a time prior to a Walmart centering each city or when couples married young and never left each other’s side through the highs and lows. And just like all of Toby Keith’s songs, the hit-maker’s voice is full of emotion and youthful energy – enough to convince you that the old ways are indeed more fun.
The song is already getting hourly spins throughout iHeartMedia radio stations right now, so it could spell a return for Toby Keith to country radio and is expected to be one of his biggest singles. It is also ranked No. 1 as the Most Added single at the Country Format – both on Billboard and Mediabase.
In fact, right out of the chute, “Old School” blasted in at No. 25 on Billboard Country Airplay – marking Keith’s highest debut on the chart.
“Old School” was released on Friday, June 25, and fans might notice a few familiar names in the credits. The song was actually written years ago by none other than country star Maren Morris and her husband Ryan Hurd, with Brett Tyler lending a few words too. It will be part of his upcoming full-length studio album, which is said to be released this fall.
This is just the beginning of a new set of Toby Keith songs as the singer announced another new track coming out. Meanwhile, the dates for his wide-ranging Country Comes to Town Tour are now out.
Make sure to listen to “Old School” by Toby Keith in the video below.
- Toby Keith and Wife Tricia Lucus: A Love Built On The Ground
- Another Jaw-Dropping Performance by Merle Haggards’ Sons
- A Closer Look To Charley Pride’s Wife and Family
- What Happened to Blake Shelton’s First Wife, Kaynette Williams
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love