Morgan Wallen returned to social media to share his self-reflection, posting his newest musical effort on IGTV Video through an acoustic performance of “Thought You Should Know.”
The singer wrote the touching song with his mother – Lesli Wallen – in mind. Its sentimental lyrics find Wallen laying out how his mother has been his biggest support system during the most challenging time of his life.
He kicked off the ballad – which comes in the form of a phone call – by giving his mother an update of how his life has been after being not home for many months. He went on to reveal how her love has made such a big impact on his life.
“I thought you should know that all those prayers you thought you wasted on me. Must’ve finally made their way on through,” Morgan Wallen sings.
He also revealed that he “got a new girl down in Jefferson City,” who turned out to be a lot like his mother. He then shared the good news that his “on the radio” – Morgan Wallen songs are actually slowly returning to country radio a month after most U.S. country stations removed his music.
Several fellow country music singers left a comment on Wallen’s social media song debut. There’s Dustin Lynch who sent a supportive “Hell yes” while Old Dominion called the song “Pretty awesome.” Miranda Lambert has also commented and revealed her role in the special song, thanking Wallen for letting her and Nicole Gaylon write the song with him.
It was early February when Morgan Wallen stepped away from the spotlight after being filmed using the racial slur. The 27-year-old country superstar then reported that he will no longer be performing at his earlier scheduled tour dates and would instead take some time to reflect on his recent controversies.
You can listen to “Thought You Should Know” by Morgan Wallen in the video below.
- Garth Brooks’ Daughters All Turned Up To Be These Gorgeous. Meet Them Here!
- ‘Grease’ is Under Fire, Critics Want It Taken Down From Screens. Here’s Why!
- Surviving Racism, Infidelity: Meet Vivian Liberto Cash
- George Strait Quits Doing Interviews After His Daughter’s Death
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?