Despite being rebuked and booted, Morgan Wallen’s Dangerous: The Double Album still turned out to be a record-breaking album.
The thirty-track double record made history for becoming the first country album to spend its first seven weeks at No. 1 in over a six-decade history of the Billboard 200.
According to Billboard, only eight country albums made such a record of spending at least seven weeks at No. 1. The last one was held by Garth Brooks, whose 1992 album The Chase spent the first six weeks atop Billboard 200 and came back later to No. 1 for an overall seven non-consecutive weeks.
Morgan Wallen‘s latest milestones on the charts came after Wallen broke his silence following the racial slur controversy – turning to social media to share his lengthy apology video. In the video message, Wallen asked his fans to stop defending him and vowed that he’s willing to face the consequences of his actions.
Wallen was met with a massive backlash in early February after being caught shouting a racial slur outside his Nashville home. A day after TMZ uploaded the video, hundreds of radio stations banned his songs from airwaves. He was kicked out from major playlists of several streaming services like Spotify. At the same time, his record label revealed that his recording contract would be suspended indefinitely.
Not only that, but the Academy of Country Music also disclosed that the Texas native will no longer be qualified for the forthcoming ACM Awards and will never be invited to perform in the show.
Though Wallen did not specifically share what’s next for him in his video message, he said the time of his return would solely be upon him and the work he put in. “This entire situation is ugly right now, but I’ll keep searching for a way to become an example instead of being made one,” he said.
- Charley Pride’s Son Honors Dad with “Kiss An Angel Good Mornin'”
- First Time In History: Garth Brooks’ Daughter Allie Colleen Achieves Her First Top-40 Country Hit
- ICYMI: The CMA Fiasco Surrounding Alan Jackson’s Walk-out to Beyonce’s Performance
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- Meet Brad Paisley’s Kids He Is Raising To Be Kind and Humble