Consequences for country singer Morgan Wallen keep growing after he was caught on video hurling the racial slur.
Shortly after he has been suspended by his record label and his songs removed from rotation on more than 400 stations across the country, the Academy of Country Music announced that the “More Than My Hometown” singer will no longer be qualified for this year’s ACM Awards.
The Academy said in their statement that they do not “condone or support intolerance or behavior that doesn’t align with our commitment and dedication to diversity and inclusion.” They added that they will be evaluating their awards qualification and the process of submission to make sure the future nominees will always mirror the Academy’s integrity.
Moreover, the Academy is also taking steps to make sure that the country superstar won’t be mentioned at all during the ceremony – whether it’s during the pre-ceremony events, interviews, or other engagements.
Though the highly special gag order has not been officially announced, it was said to be communed through “unofficial channels.” One source revealed that the specific instruction stated that Wallen “cannot and will not be mentioned” at any moment throughout the broadcast; even subtle nods will never be allowed.
The country singer’s latest album has just spent its ninth-straight week atop Billboard Hot 200, breaking the chart’s record of most weeks at No. 1. Over a dozen of Morgan Wallen’s songs are also currently ranking on top of Spotify as fervent followers are making the switch from local radio stations to the most on-demand streams – while also demanding the stations to reinstate the singer.
Indeed, all of these are placing Morgan Wallen in a bright spotlight, making his absence even more apparent.
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Marie Osmond’s Children: Meet The Eight Of Them Here!
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Freddy Fender’s “Before The Next Teardrop Falls” Is Romantic Enough To Wreck You
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Trace Adkins And Travis Tritt In An Irresistible Performance of “Jailhouse Rock”
- Garth Brooks’ Daughters All Turned Up To Be These Gorgeous. Meet Them Here!