Spotted! Country sensation Miranda Lambert, her brother Luke, and her husband Brendan McLoughlin attended the sunny and colorful WorldPride Parade on Sunday, the 30th of June. They, along with thousands of people came together to celebrate the last day of Pride Month.
Miranda Lambert Attends PRIDE
Lambert took some happy shots of the exciting day and posted them on her Instagram page. She and her family joined thousands of participants in the streets of New York City to show their solidarity with the LGBTQ community. Her photos and her stories showed off some fun at the event, especially in the famous gay country music bar Flaming Saddles.
She captioned the photo with an enthusiastic “Happy Pride Y’all!” in celebration of Pride, along with the hashtags “#family #ally #worldpridenyc”.
Her brother Luke responded in the comments to the post, saying: “Love y’all. Thanks for an amazing weekend!”
Other country stars shared in solidarity with the cause and the festivities and commented on the photos as well. Maren Morris noted that the last picture Lambert posted “is so good,” while Cam noted, “Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning it takes all kinds of kinds.”
Earlier this month, Morris has shown her support for the LGBTQ+ community in an interview. She noted why she speaks up on behalf of the community in country music.
“I feel like speaking up for them, especially in this genre—all the little kids that are at home listening to country music and country radio and they think they might be gay, they’re not hearing themselves in our platform or people speaking up for them, so I want them to feel like they’re at home here too, so that’s why I speak up when I do.”
Other country artists have also recently shown their support for the causes of the LGBTQ+ community. Singer Jake Owen also came out with a Bluegrass version of Cher’s iconic song “Believe.”
LGBTQ+, Miranda Lambert, Pride
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance